Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst (AML Modeling and Analytics)(Remote Work Available)
Purpose of Job
The Quantitative Risk Analyst Senior is responsible for the quantitative framework of the risk management, in particular AML/BSA, Fraud and compliance risk modeling development. This includes responsibility for developing analytics framework of the risk management system, employing quantitative models and cutting-edge technologies, and delivering end-to-end solutions utilizing this framework.
We are looking for an experienced professional with strong coding abilities, quantitative skills and financial markets knowledge, preferably having statistical and machine learning modelling expertise. Solid analytical skills, good communications, and being able to work well independently or as part of team are critical for this role.
Community: Risk Management Jobs that are part of a community have unique requirements established to maintain consistent application, usage and reporting structure. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner for additional information on specific requirements prior to posting and/or employee placement into this job. Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate quantitative and analytical practices and processes. Conducts and develops quantitative and analytic models, assessments and/or applications in support of risk management efforts that assess the market and identify risks and gaps in existing or proposed processes. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans.
This position is available in our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Charlotte, NC or 100% Remote Work from Home availability.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Utilizes advanced analytics to assess future risk, opportunities, and effectiveness and translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making.
- Applies advanced knowledge and industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate exposures.
- Engages in model validation and produces model validation reports.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change.
- Translates recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to colleagues for peer review and management.
- Applies advanced knowledge to produce advanced analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies
- Provides mentorship to other team members in the peer review process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline. OR advanced degree/designation in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline and 4 years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management. OR PhD in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline and up to 2 years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management
- Experience in fraud or compliance risk modeling development
- Strong SAS, SQL, R, and/or Python programming
- Experience with visualization business intelligence tools (BI)
- Experience working with business and risk control
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to all levels
- CAMS Certification
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $88,200.00 – $158,900 *(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.