Patient Financial Services Representative Advanced Heart Failure Clinic
Phoenix, Arizona*Department Name: *
Advanced Heart Failure-Clinic*Work Shift: *
Revenue CycleAt Banner University Medical Group (BUMG), we re creating a world class medical organization that brings together a leadership team committed to a physician-focused structure, while navigating the challenges of moving from a volume-based to value-based health care system.
The Banner University Advanced Heart Failure Clinic cares for a high volume of heart disease patients throughout the state of Arizona and the southwest. Our physicians stand out as being active participants in national research and as providers of cardiac training to physicians from all over the United States and the world. Our goal is to offer patients excellent cardiac services by providing safe, compassionate care and the best advanced treatment options.
As a PFS Rep supporting this team, you will coordinate a smooth patient flow process by answering phones, scheduling patient appointments, providing registration of patient and insurance information, obtaining required signatures and following established processes, procedures and standards.
This is a full time (40 hours/week), day shift position: Monday – Friday 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
University Medical Center Phoenix PBCs Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.POSITION SUMMARY
This position coordinates a smooth patient flow process by answering phones, scheduling patient appointments, providing registration of patient and insurance information, obtaining required signatures following established processes, procedures and standards. This position also verifies insurance coverage, validates referrals and authorizations, collects patient liability and provides financial guidance to patients to maximize medical services reimbursement efforts. This also includes accurately posting patients at the point of service and releasing information in accordance with organizational and compliance policies and guidelines.
1. Performs registration/check-in processes, including but not limited to performing data entry activities, providing patients with appropriate information and intake forms, obtaining necessary signatures and generating population health summary.
2. Verifies insurance eligibility benefits for services rendered with the payors and documents appropriately. Assists in obtaining or validating pre-certification, referrals, and authorizations
3. Calculates and collects patient liability according to verification of insurance benefits and expected reimbursement. Explains and provides financial policies and available resources for alternative payment arrangements to patients and their families.
4. Enters payments/charges for services rendered and performs daily payment/charge reconciliation in a timely and accurate manner. Balances cash drawer at the beginning and end of the day and prepares daily bank deposit with necessary paperwork sent to centralized billing for record purposes.
5. Schedules office visits and procedures within the medical practice(s) and external practices as necessary. Maximizes reimbursement by scheduling patients in accordance with payor plan provisions. Confirms patient appointments for the following day as necessary and ensures patients are properly prepared for visits.
6. Demonstrates proactive interpersonal communications skills while dealing with patient concerns through telephone calls, emails and in-person conversations. Optimizes patient flow by using effective customer service/communication skills by communicating to internal and external customers, care team, management, centralized services and HIMS.
7. Assists in responding to requests for patient medical records according to company policies and procedures, and state and federal laws.
8. Provides a variety of patient services to assist in patient flow including but not limited to escorting patients, taking vitals and patient history, assisting in patient treatment, distributing mail and fax information, ordering supplies, etc.
9. Works independently under regular supervision and follows structured work routines. Works in a fast paced, multi-task environment with high volume and immediacy needs requiring independent decision making and sound judgment to prioritize work and ensure appropriateness and timeliness of each patient s care. This position requires the ability to retain large amounts of changing payor information/knowledge crucial to attaining reimbursement for the services provided. Primary external customers include patients and their families, physician office staff and third party payors.
Work experience with the Company s systems and processes is preferred. Previous cash collections experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.