Patient Access Services Representative
Mesa, Arizona*Department Name: *
*Work Shift: *
Revenue CycleAdditional Job Description
If you re looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference and real change in the health care industry you belong at Banner Health. With facilities in six western states, we re committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek driven professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen.
Do you have a passion to Provide excellent customer service to all patients? Do you have experience in patient registration at a Hospital or doctor’s office setting, and want to continue to advance your career? We want to hear from you! This position handles Insurance, Prior authorization, and verification of medical benefits or medical coverage experience, calculates patient liability according to verification of insurance benefits, collects deposits and co-payments at the point of service.
So why should you choose us? It is simple This is your chance to stand out and continue to learn and stay on the cutting edge of technology. Be empowered and encouraged to maintain a curiosity and grow on a supportive and outstanding team. So join us on our journey to make health care easier, so life can be better.
Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
*SHIFT: DAY SHIFT / 6a-630p / 7a-730p*
This position conducts customer service, registration, point of service collections, may validate and/or obtain authorizations from payers in order to maximize reimbursement. Provides a customer-oriented interaction with each patient in order to maximize customer experience. Obtains all required consents for each registration. Document all facets of the registration process, loads correct payer(s) to each account and meet accuracy goals as determined by management. Collect payments and regular collection targets as determined by management. May perform financial counseling when appropriate. Meets productivity targets as determined by management. Demonstrates the ability to resolve customer issues and provide excellent customer service.
1. Helps provide a positive customer experience by welcoming patient to facility, introducing self, explaining what rep intends to do with patient, thanking them for choosing Banner Health.
2. Performs pre-registration/registration processes, verifies eligibility and obtains authorizations submits notifications and verifies authorizations for services. Verifies patient s demographics and accurately inputs this information into A/D/T system, including documenting the account thoroughly in order to maximize reimbursement and minimize denials/penalties from the payor(s). Obtains federally/state required information and all consents and documentation required by the patient s insurance plan(s). Must be able to consistently meet monthly individual accuracy goal as determine by management.
3. Verifies and understands insurance benefits, collects patient responsibility based on estimates at the time of service or during the pre-registration process. As assigned collection attempts may be made at the bedside. Must be able to consistently meet monthly individual collection target as determined by management.
4. May provide financial counseling to patients and their families. Explains company financial policies and provides information as to available resources, offers and assists patients with applying for Medicaid. Assists patients with completing all financial assistance programs (i.e.: basic financial assistance, enhanced financial assistance, prompt pay discount, loan program).
5. Acts as a liaison between the patient, the billing department, vendors, physician offices and the payor to enhance account receivables performance and meet payment collection goals, resolve outstanding issues and/or patient concerns and maximize service excellence.
6. Communicates with physicians, clinical and hospital staff, nursing and Health Information Management Services to resolve outstanding issues and/or patient concerns. Works to meet the patient s needs in financial services.
7. Consistently meets monthly individual productivity goal as determined by management. Completes daily assignments/work lists, keeps electronic productivity log up to date and inputs information accurately. Identifies opportunities to improve process and practices good teamwork.
8. Provides a variety of patient services and financial services tasks. May be assigned functions such as transporting patients, may precept new hire employees, recapping daily deposits, posting daily deposits or conducting other work assignments of the Patient Financial Services team.
9. Works independently under regular supervision and follows structured work routines. Works in a fast paced, multi task environment with high volume and immediacy needs requiring independent decision making and sound judgment to prioritize work and ensure appropriateness and timeliness of each patient s care. This position requires the ability to retain large amounts of changing payor information/knowledge crucial to attaining reimbursement for the services provided. Primary external customers include patients and their families, physician office staff and third-party payors.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires knowledge of patient financial services, financial, collecting services or insurance industry experience processes normally acquired over one or more years of work experience. Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision and to work independently. Requires strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to effectively interact with a wide range of audiences. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
Strong knowledge in the use of common office software, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software are required
CHAA certification is preferred. Work experience with the Company s systems and processes is preferred. Previous cash collections experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.