Lead Software Engineer – Data Modeling – Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
You will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. Eden Prairie MN, Phoenix AZ preferred.
- Collaborate with data domain SMEs, business, and Product capability team to drive the UHC Platform Data Strategy roadmap and continuing improvements to support the Payer package
- Possess and maintain a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of UHG Payer business, products, programs
- Interpret and analyze data from multiple sources including claims, member, and Eligibility data
- Support operational analytics, and process improvement data deep dive, identify and execute on new opportunities for increases in efficiencies and performance
- Be part of the data coalition product team and help design the roadmap to support Open strategy
You ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of experience in Information technology, development, or systems engineering
- 3+ years of recent experience working with Healthcare Payer data in a data modeler / analyst capacity
- 3+ years of experience with the Healthcare payer landscape data methods, including data collection, data cleaning & validation, data storage/security, and data processing
- 2+ years of Canonical Data model experience in any one of the Healthcare payer data domains (ex: Eligibility, Plan Benefits and Claims)
- 2+ years of experience in Facets system in any of the data domains (Ex: Eligibility, Plan Benefits, Claims and accumulators)
- Experience with any one or more of database technologies, such as relational databases, NoSQL, Graph DB, Kafka, Azure Cosmos, Cassandra, Elastic search
- Experience leading projects and teams focused on innovations and development of Data products and/or solutions
- Healthcare Payer business and data analysis experience
- Experience performing data discovery, analysis, and profiling
- Experience creating logical mappings to develop services-based data pipelines to populate data in enterprise aggregator Platforms
- Bachelor s Degree in computer science, Statistics, Data Science, Physical Sciences, Public Health, or related field
- Knowledge in Data Architecture Principles
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.