Information Specialist Insurance Division Clerical OPS
Tucson, Arizona*Department Name: *
Fiscal Services*Work Shift: *
General Operations and Culinary ServicesGreat careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Team work, challenging and passion. Members of this team work very well together, every day we are tasked with new challenges we are never bored and everyone is very passionate about what we do and how we support the organization.
Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona’s largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.POSITION SUMMARY
This position creates, supports and maintains the data integrity of the designated system application. Serves as a resource to users of the system, providing information, training and problem solving services. Configures and runs scheduled and ad hoc informational and analytical reports.
1. Using a variety of source documents and procedural standards, maintains the database on a regular basis by adding new records and updating changes to the system. Audits database records and makes corrections. Maintains current and accurate records and files in the database, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
2. Acts as an information resource to end users of the database functions and information. Responds to questions, requests for information and provides user training. Researches business information and data content issues to solve problems. This may include identifying pattern usage, as well as identifying opportunities to improve process/program efficiency and effectiveness.
3. Provides data management and reporting services to end users, such as data imports, mass uploads, structured and custom reporting.
4. May be assigned to a variety of other business information or business unit support work. This may include coordinating and/or supporting business unit programs/services, as assigned or directed.
5. Internal customers include organizational staff. External customers include vendor representatives. Non-clinical staff are not responsible for conducting any UM review activities that require interpretation of clinical information. Licensed health professionals are available and indicate process for the oversight. For initial screening, the organization limits use of non-clinical administrative staff to the following; Performance of review of service request for completeness of information, Collection and transfer of non-clinical data, Acquisition of structured clinical data, and activities that do not require evaluation or interpretation of clinical information. The organization ensures that licensed health professionals are available to non-clinical administrative staff while performing initial screening.
Two or more years of advanced education, or education and work experience in the use and structure of application systems.
Must demonstrate two or more years of related experience in the assigned business line, with a broad understanding of the business function/area. Requires the ability to formulate calculations and analyze results, to research and compile basic statistical reports and to solve problems. Requires effective verbal and written communication skills and effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
Position requires ability to work in personal software applications, including word processing, generating spreadsheets, and creating graphics/presentations.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.