Help Desk Representative
The Help Desk Representative will be responsible for providing Level 1 and/or Level 2 technical support and customer service for internal employees and will serve as the primary point of contact for all IT related requests and technical problems. In addition, the Help Desk Representative will receive and categorize all incoming Help Desk emails and phone calls; ensuring requests and problems are clearly identified and documented within the help desk ticket tracking database. The successful Help Desk Representative must be a flexible problem solver for both technical and procedural inquiries and take responsibility for escalating unresolved requests/problems to the appropriate technical support teams. The Help Desk Representative position includes 2 levels based on experience (Level I designated for representatives with 1-2 yrs. of help desk experience and the Level II is for those with 2-4+ yrs. of experience).
1. Customer Satisfaction: Provides a positive customer experience with exceptional listening skills. Represents the IT department as a trusted and reliable resource by supplying accurate information in a confident and professional manner.
2. Effectively utilizes the IT Department Change Management process when adding new equipment or making changes that could impact the production network environment.
3. Maintains effective lines of communication with all IT Department staff to research problems, repeated incidents, and documentation of solutions. Meets with Help Desk Manager regularly, reviewing top 3 support issues reported to the help desk.
4. May test software and/or hardware to provide feedback on ease of use, bugs and conflicts, suitability to task, or provide specific configuration suggestions. Assist with the development of end user training materials.
5. Provides end user technical assistance for company supported software applications, hardware, and hand held devices. Ensures maximum issue resolution in minimal amount of time and escalates unresolved requests and problems to higher level support groups.
6. Responsible for creating basic Windows SharePoint Services collaboration sites for use by the business and support centers.
7. Responsible for keeping sensitive company information confidential and complies with all current legislative and company requirements with respect to privacy, security and confidentiality.
8. Ticket Documentation: Manages all incoming emails and phone calls to the help desk by correctly identifying, documenting, and categorizing issues within the ticket database.
9. Training and Education: Maintains ongoing education in the technology industry, participating in both company sponsored training and/or external vendor lead courses.
10. Troubleshooting and Documentation: Provides phone based application troubleshooting to local and remote users. Contributes to the formal documentation of technical problems and corresponding resolutions.
Minimum Job Requirements
1. Ability to work independently with minimum direction and to succeed in a rapidly changing environment.
2. Competent in use of current Microsoft desktop Operating Systems and desktop software applications including e-mail and web browsers.
3. High School Diploma and a minimum of 1-2 years IT support experience (Level I) or 2-4 years (Level 11) or a combination of training and experience.
4. Proactive, results oriented with excellent customer service skills.
5. Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs.
6. Superior communications, planning and organizational skills.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
2. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
3. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
4. Will interact with people and technology frequently during a shift/work day
5. Will lift, push or pull objects pounds on an occasional basis
6. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
7. Will use telephone, computer system, email, and other electronic devices on a frequent basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
Note: Jobs with the Safety-Sensitive designation are those that include tasks or duties that the employer reasonably believes could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task or others such as operating a vehicle, operating equipment, operating machinery or power tools, repairing/maintaining the operation of any vehicle/equipment, the handling/disposal/transport of hazardous materials, or the handling/treatment/disposal of potentially flammable/combustible materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
Sundt is committed to the equal treatment of all employees, and/or applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, genetic information; or any other classification protected by applicable Federal, state, or local laws.
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.