Healthcare Data Analyst – Epic – Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Optum is seeking a Data Analyst to be an integral part of our data platforms and technologies enhancement initiatives for our client health systems. As a Data Analyst, you will be responsible for advancing the effectiveness of client data warehouse and analytic products using innovative technical solutions. The ideal candidate will have significant experience using analytical skills to seek out, research and evaluate a variety of technical options to provide clients with high quality analytic solutions that promote efficiency and enterprise-wide standardization. Must demonstrate the ability to mediate and bridge the relationship between technical and business stakeholders without compromising the needs of the solution users and the strategic goals of the organization.
You ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Subject matter expert (SME) in one or more Healthcare domains
- Analyzes and documents client’s business requirements, processes and communicates these requirements by constructing conceptual data and process models, including data dictionaries and functional design documents
- Collaborates with data teams, departments, other IT groups, and technology vendors to define the data needs and facilitate analytic solutions
- Provides input into developing and modifying data warehouse and analytic systems to meet client needs and develops business specifications to support these modifications
- Ability to communicate complex technical and functional concepts verbally and in writing
- Ability to lead socialization and consensus building efforts for innovative data and analytic solutions
- Identifies opportunities for reuse of data across the enterprise; profiles and validates data sources
- Creates test scenarios and develops test plans to be used in testing the data products to verify that client requirements are incorporated into the system design. Assists in analyzing testing results throughout the project
- Participates in architecture and technical reviews to verify ‘intent of change’ is carried out through the entire project
- Performs root cause analysis and application resolution
- Assignment of work and development of less experienced team members
- Ensure proper documentation and on-time delivery of all functional artifacts and deliverables
- Document and communicate architectural vision, technical strategies, and trade-offs to gain broad buy-in
- Reduce inefficiencies through rationalization and standards adherence
- Identifying, updating, and curating the data standardization and data quality rules
- Leading and providing direction for data management, data profiling and source to target mapping
- Optimizing and troubleshooting and data engineering processes
- Work independently, but effectively partner with a broader team, to design and develop enterprise data solutions
- Ability to creatively take on new challenges and work outside comfort zone
- Comfortable in communicating alternative ideas with clinicians related to information options and solutions
You ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor s Degree (preferably in information technology, engineering, math, computer science, analytics, engineering, or another related field)
- 5+ years in a healthcare data warehouse setting and experience in profiling and analyzing disparate healthcare datasets (Financial, Clinical Quality, Value Based Care, population health, Revenue cycle analytics, Health system operations, etc.) and ability to convert this data into insights
- 5+ years working with healthcare datasets and ability to convert the business requirements into functional designs that are scalable and maintainable
- 5 + years of experience with Oracle/SQL server databases including T-SQL, PL/SQL, Indexing, partitioning, performance tuning
- 5+ years of experience in creating Source to Target Mappings and ETL designs (using SSIS / Informatica / DataStage) for integration of new/modified data streams into the data warehouse/data marts
- 3+ years of experience in designing and implementing data models to support analytics with solid knowledge of dimensional modeling concepts
- 1+ years of experience with Epic Clarity and/or Caboodle data models
- Ability to travel 10%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Advanced degrees or certifications in technology, analytics, information systems, data science or related field
- One or more Epic Certifications
- Experience participating in cross-functional efforts, with proven success in creating analytics across many provider domains
- Experience working with advanced analytical methodologies or algorithms
- Working knowledge of key health management related areas, e.g. network management, population health, quality, compliance, provider engagement, EDI transactions, knowledge of Medicare & Medicaid
- General knowledge of the health care ecosystem, including understanding the relationship between payers, providers, and government programs and how analytics enables transformation
- Solid ability to manage analytics initiatives with appropriate guidance
- Ability to manage multiple client initiatives or projects concurrently
- Ability to communicate complex concepts verbally and in writing
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare Data Analyst, Epic, Healthcare, Data Analyst, Epic, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.