Field Service Representative
S&C’s Power Systems Services (PSS) provides customers with a wide range of electric power industry engineering and construction services. The group also coordinates large orders involving multiple product groups and/or third parties and provides field services for customers. The Field Service Center – Western Region performs various maintenance and repair of substation and utility electrical equipment. Verbal and written communication skills are required as part of the documentation process associated with the physical work effort. Field service is performed domestically and internationally at times convenient to the customer for scheduled outages and is coordinated with other work efforts occurring on site. This position reports to the Manager-Field Service Center Western Region.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Trouble-shooting, performing emergency repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Modifying and upgrading products.
- Providing startup assistance/installation supervision.
- Training on all S&C products of both current and past vintages.
- Using various hand tools (personal property) and specialty tools (supplied by S&C) on equipment such as Circuit-Switchers and Metal-Enclosed Gear that is in a de-energized and grounded state.
- Performing work in accordance with OSHA and industry safety practices such as “Lock Out Tag Out” and including utilization of extensive personal protective equipment.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Associates degree preferred, or equivalent technical experience.
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and possess excellent mechanical skills.
- Able to interpret electrical drawings and possess computer skills.
- Candidate must be willing to travel up to 60% of the time. Typical travel will be on weekdays and within the assigned region, however there may be a business need for travel outside the region as well as on weekends and holidays.
- Electrical substation maintenance and construction experience preferred.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, utility electrical protection equipment preferred.
Relevant Work Experience: 2+ years of previous experience in mechanical assembly, electrical wiring, or maintenance of electrical utility equipment, facilities or products.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Standing: Tasks frequently performed in a standing position.
Lifting: Frequent lifting required when working with equipment in the field (up to 50lbs).
Walking: Frequent walking of moderate distances (1 mile) within the S&C campus and customer sites.
Carrying: Frequent carrying of parts, tools, and products.
Pushing: Frequent use of hand tools that require pushing forces.
Pulling: Frequent bending or crouching to perform work.
Bending: Frequent full range of motion to perform work.
Reaching: Continuous full range of motion to perform work.
Handling: Frequent handling of parts, tools, test equipment, etc.
Environment: Work performed in a variety of environments including manufacturing, substations, and other indoor/outdoor facilities.
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.