Collections Advisor (Hybrid)
You Lead the Way. We ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we re supporting our customers financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what s possible and we re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
American Express has been in existence for over 167 years servicing its customers with integrity, trust, security, and quality. Today, these attributes still form the foundation of our brand. American Express employees are engaged and have a passion for their work. Our continued success is solely dependent on the talent that we attract to our organization, and the contribution they make to our ever-changing environment. Our Collections Colleagues are self-motivated, effective negotiators who care about our customers as well as our company.
Are you energetic, enthusiastic with an engaging personality? Are you driven to succeed in delivering effective results while providing excellent customer service? Do you have exceptional communication skills and a strong command of the English language? We want you to join our team and fuel your passion for work and life.
Who Are We Looking For?
Our Collections Specialists are creative problem solvers, results oriented and possesses above average emotional IQ to connect, negotiate, influence, and provide the extra that makes us successful. This elite group of Collections Specialists supports a niche segment of very Special Customers that consists of high value, high spend and prominent card members.
- Must be able to collect on past due, high balance accounts of $30k or greater while making quality decisions for Amex and our customer
- Possess a competitive and strong will to win attitude; demonstrated resiliency and extreme adaptability in a fast-paced environment
- Should possess strong customer focus with the ability to conduct detailed and intelligent financial discussions with card members
- Must possess excellent analytical, negotiation and decision-making skills, in addition to strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and compassion in a difficult situation; ability to drive strong results with effectiveness and efficiency
- Someone who listen to understand, respond with empathy, treat customers with respect, and take quick creative actions.
- Have a genuine interest in people, a desire to help with a naturally positive attitude
- Demonstrated personal excellence including punctuality, integrity, and accountability; MUST have the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work non-traditional schedules with shifts including evening, weekends/holidays handle outbound calls as well as inbound calls on a dialer platform
- Must be very comfortable on the phone, as you ll make outbound collection calls and take incoming calls in a high-volume metrics driven environment
- Have a high school diploma/GED or higher
If you bring that, we ll take care of the rest! When you join American Express, we will:
- Provide an environment of like-minded, fun, high-energy people that are trained, coached, focused, and driven
- Make you part of our global Collections Specialist family of diverse people focused on making exceptional customer experiences happen
- Invest in you with industry leading training, coaching and development; Offer opportunity for professional growth and advancement
- Paid classroom and on-the-job training including industry leading benefits that starts on day 1!
- Respect and value diversity, integrity, and teamwork
- Offer a competitive base salary plus performance incentives for driving and delivering results
- High School Diploma
- Experience in Credit/Collections, Billing, Sales or Customer Service
- Strong customer focus with the ability to have detailed and intelligent financial discussions with Card Members
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and decision-making skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate personal excellence including punctuality, integrity and accountability
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and compassion in a difficult situation
- Ability to work nontraditional schedules/shifts
- Proven ability to drive strong results in effectiveness and efficiency
- Must have ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Must be able to attend required classroom and OJT training period (up to 120 days) including certification of Special Customer job knowledge
- Ability to work nontraditional shifts including weekends and evenings
- American Express offers a fantastic and diverse working environment. High performance is rewarded with target driven incentives.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e., 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J) in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.”
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.